Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween

Jared and I were supposed to have our first similar day off.  It seems like I have had Monday/Tuesday off and Jared has had Wednesday/Thursday so we were excited to have the same day off.  However, I got called into work with another key holder being sick and I was the only one not working at that time with no kids.

Thankfully, my boss decided I was going to close early so I was out of there around 5:30 pm.  That meant I was able to make it to our trunk or treat with Jared.  We made homemade fudge and funfetti cookies and it seemed like it was a hit.  We had a number of moms taking fudge for their kids and eating it themselves.

Next year I am planning on actually dressing up and being a little bit more festive in decorations.

Here is the recipe for the Funfetti Cookies. (sorry, the fudge recipe is a special gift from an old roommate.  It is her secret family recipe, but she made an exception for my wedding present)

Ingredients
1 pkg. Funfetti cake mix
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1/2 can vanilla frosting
Sprinkles

Step 1
Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit   In large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs; stir with spoon until thoroughly moistened.  Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.  With bottom of glass dipped in flour, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.

Step 2
Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.  Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.

Step 3
Spread frosting over warm cookies.  Immediately sprinkle each with candy bits from frosting.  Let frosting set before storing.  Store in tightly covered container.

No comments:

Post a Comment