Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Oregon Trip August 2013

I want to post about this trip because we did a lot and took a lot of pictures.  I'm sorry Smith family that I didn't get many pictures of the family reunion.

For Oregon, this was our basic outline.  Warning, this may be picture overload.

Friday, Aug 16 - We flew to Portland, got our rental and drove my sister's house in Eugene.  We arrived around 4 in the morning I believe.  We got just about now sleep.  My brothers chose to stay at my sister's house to help keep her awake and get some time away from the parents.

Saturday, Aug 17 - We took my sister out to breakfast at Voodoo Donuts.  She wasn't going on the rest of the trip with us because she had to work, so this was a good way to spend time with her.  We then went to Florence, to go Dune Buggying.




Peter wanted to play Mini-Golf, so we did.  Jared is a cheater at the game, so Peter followed his example.  It became a legit game between my dad and me and then a joke game between Peter and Jared.







Sunday, Aug 18 - We spent the day in Newport.  My dad, Jared, and I went to church and totally ran into the Elders and one of them was Elder Hyde.  He was one of my lifeguards from Daybreak last summer.  It was a funny coincidence.  After that, we went to the Aquarium.

Monday, Aug 19 - This may have been my favorite day of the trip.  We went to Astoria, saw the Goonies House, Astoria Tower, and a Zip Line Tour.  
       

At Astoria Tower, We hiked up to the top and Jared had forgotten his cell phone in the car and wanted to take pictures.  Peter said he could run to the car and back in less than five minutes.  We took the dare and he managed to do in a little more three.  We now wonder why he is not doing Cross Country with school this year.  

Tuesday, Aug 19 - Silverton.  We stayed at my Gradnpa's house during our time here.  My dad, Jared, and I went to the temple first thing in the morning then joined my mom for the 10 falls hike at Silver Falls.  Finally, for dinner, grandpa wanted to go to Home Country Buffet and all of the adults forgot their cards, so I ended up footing the bill. (Yes, I got reimbursed, but good thing I had my purse on me.)


 Wednesday, Aug 20 - we drove through the gorge.  I took Jared up to Menucha, where I went to Danish Camp every summer and we enjoyed the sights along the Columbia River.




Thursday, Aug 21 - This was another one of the days I was excited about.  Sadly, it was a cold day, so our day of rafting wasn't as good as the other times I have been.  We also took Jared to Shaniko.


Friday, Aug 22 - Drove down to Bend and spent a day relaxing.  It was definitely needed after a busy week.
at Smith Rock

Riding Bikes at the Resort

Saturday, Aug 23 - Crater Lake
We hiked to the lake edge.  We also got tickets for the boat ride around the lake.

Of course the picture from the edge of the Crater is on my phone.  It is quite beautiful though. 


We then had to go home to Las Vegas.  I can't wait for our next adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment